AFAA’s Group Fitness Instructor certification is built on the foundation of AFAA’s reputation of more than 30 years as a leader and innovator of group based fitness. Taking the theory from the exercise library to bring it where it is needed most–the fitness center, the home gym, the street–this new text takes the group fitness industry’s successes of the past and realigns them with modern scientific research to effectively help a new instructor navigate a career in fitness.
This text employs strategic learning features that not only make the content more digestible but also turn theory into practice. The chapter progression weaves evidence-based research, science, and application throughout the entire text, in order to enhance learning and contextual understanding. The new features are as follows:
– Caution–Distinct things instructors should be aware of as they relate to scope of practice and potential pitfalls.
– Check it Out–Quick tips and/or facts that have an apparent application and real-world usability. This feature enables the reader a quick insight and application to the concepts read.
– Instructor Tips–Inside-the-industry application tips from experts with years of experience.
– Memory Tips–Tips and tricks for instructors to easily remember complex terms without the extended effort of rote memorization.
– Practice This–On-the-spot activities to help instructors practice and apply the content.